Business Development Manager
Salary: Up to £70,000 + bonus and benefits
• Identify, target and navigate senior communications, public relations & public affairs decision makers.
• Generate sales opportunities through targeted outbound telephone calls, working from the Salesforce CRM system, whilst also using your own initiative to find leads.
• As the Business Development Manager, you will research, prepare for and carry out sales meetings either on the phone or face to face to conduct a thorough analysis of the client’s communications objectives before presenting the company’s software and advising how it can help.
• Successfully tailoring your approach to meet the needs of different organisations and individuals based on their seniority/responsibility.
• Understanding the price book and negotiating on pricing as appropriate is a key part of the Business Development Manager’s role.
• Forecasting revenue accurately and managing longer term pipeline.
• Work alongside marketing to help co-ordinate specific campaigns and activities related to the prospect base.
• The Business Development Manager must develop and maintain a high level of understanding of company’s full product portfolio.
• Always be aware of the competitive landscape and use this information to the company’s advantage to overcome objections and book high quality meetings.
• The Business Development Manager will attend trade events to network and help build the brand.
• Keeping the CRM system up to date with details of prospects including detailed notes about each prospect’s current set up and incumbent renewal dates.
• A Business Development Manager with experience in a quota bearing sales role.
• SaaS experience highly desirable.
• Previous cold calling experience.
• Track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets is key for the role of Business Development Manager.
• A Business Development Manager who is ambitious and focused on building a long-term career in sales, and is also confident and a target driven self-starter.
• Numerate and articulate with an excellent telephone manner.
• Comfortable talking to senior decision makers.
• A Business Development Manager, who is persuasive and persistent yet friendly and personable.
• Able to take initiative to research contact and organisation information to deliver a tailored approach.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills or experience for the position of Business Development Manager, please apply now to Evolve Recruitment, Kingston upon Thames, for more information.